Friday 30 March 2012

Rihanna Reveals Ufo Spotter Past


The 24-year-old singer says her father Ronald Fenty used to have her sit on the doorstep of their home in Bridgetown, Barbados, and monitor the skies for signs of extra-terrestrial activity.

She said: ''My dad used to make me sit outside on the steps all night long looking for UFOs flying by, and I had to do that for years.

''I didn't see any but I saw a falling star once and I was like, 'Yessss, Dad! Come and see, it just darted'.''

The 'We Found Love' hitmaker - who goes to war with aliens in new movie 'Battleship' - admits her role as Navy gunner Raikes has deepened her admiration for those who fight for their country.

She told The Sun newspaper: I have so much respect for soldiers.

''They dedicate their lives to saving other lives and saving their countries and a lot of times they don't even get recognised for it, even when they come back. Sometimes they don't have a place to go.

''It's really sad but they put themselves on the line out there and I admire them so, so much.

''It really takes a certain character and person with a certain discipline to be a soldier.''

Rihanna admits her acting debut has given her a taste for the big screen, but insists she won't be turning her back on music any time soon.

She said: ''Doing movies and getting into acting is something that I always wanted to try and I never knew whether I would like it, hate it or love it but I just wanted to try it.

''It ended up being a really awesome experience. But I don't see why I can't do both acting and music.''

No comments:

Post a Comment