Thursday 1 March 2012

ON THE COVER: Jennifer Lopez Scores A Knockout on V Magazine’s Spring 2012 Issue

 42 year-young reality TV host and entertainer Jennifer Lopez, takes a strong stance on the cover of V Magazine’s Spring 2012 issue. The boxing-inspired look was shot by Mario Testino with accompanying interview by Robin Givhan. The interview is rather timely as she was back in the media spotlight for a recent nip-slip at the Oscars- definitely weathering the scrutiny and criticisms coming at her from all angles. Here are some excerpts:


On some things she’s learnt while filming her Latin American reality show Q’Viva: The Chosen:
“There are so many differences in the Latin community. Someone from Mexico and someone from Puerto Rico have different foods, different traditions. There’s an education to be had. Even as I was going through the differ- ent countries, there were certain forms of music that I didn’t know about.”

On the importance of her Latin roots:
“It really defines you and makes you who you are. I tried to keep that close to my heart— what I learned growing up. It’s something that I love so much. When doing Q’Viva, it was kind of reinforcing that, showing how important it is to me and staying connected to that and showing my kids what that’s all about.”

On her current relationship with her ex Marc Anthony who is her co-host on QViva:
“I mean, we’re parents and friends first “That will be the thread that ties us together. I don’t know if people expect it to be negative (Of course they do, Jennifer!) just because the [intimate] relation- ship didn’t work out.” The professional relationship, however, is chugging lucratively along.

On her resilience in the face of criticisms:
“I can take a lot of punches and still keep going I’ve been trained like a boxer to go 15 rounds.”






No comments:

Post a Comment