Thursday 5 January 2012

Kanye West Wants To Help The World

Kanye West Wants To Help The World

The 'Goldigga' hitmaker insists he is not a typical rapper as he doesn't splash his cash, preferring to channel his wealth into helping others and trying to make a difference to the planet.

He tweeted: "I sit everyday and ask what can I do to make a difference... I know this is not a very rapper thing to say but I haven't bought a new car or piece of jewelry in about 2 years.

"I invest every dime back into creativity... hiring amazing creatives paying for flights, offices ... etc...

My area of expertise is in music, my passion is in music design film and products... my strength is connectivity... (sic)

"What good is fame and prestige if you can't use it to help people... I want to help by doing what I know how to do best ... create. (sic)"

As part of his plans to help others, Kanye is searching for talent to work for his new design company Donda - which is named after his late mother Donda West - which will bring together ideas from 22 divisions including architecture, music, publishing and technology and he hopes can be as revolutionary as late apple founder Steve Jobs.

He wrote: "Donda is a design company which will galvanise amazing thinkers and put them in a creative space to bounce there dreams and ideas...

"We need as many amazing powerful smart talented wealthy people to be involved... Come get on board... We can collectively effect the world through design. We need to pick up where Steve Jobs left off.

"This will all take time but I wanted everyone to know what I really care about... I care about people. I care about my fans... I care about people who have never heard of me... There are over 7 billion people on the planet now... (sic)"

Despite his grand plans, Kanye admitted he needs the support of people with better skills and knowledge than his own.

He added: "I want to put creatives in a room together with like minds that are all waaaay doper than me. "

During his lengthy twitter rant, Kanye also revealed he has split from his talent management company, reminisced about accompanying his mother to buy furs when he was five years old and discussed a concept he has created with director Spike Jonze for an alternative summer school.

No comments:

Post a Comment