Friday 10 August 2012

Jada Pinkett Smith graces the cover of the September 2012 issue of Essence magazine.


A few of the highlights from Jada's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Essence!

On getting involved in fighting human sex trafficking in the United States:
“When something speaks to you as brightly and as strongly as this particular issue speaks to me, you just put every resource that you have to move things forward. That’s what we do, we move fast. It’s the entertainment business. You have to move like a rocket. We’re talking about people’s lives…”

On rumors of an impending divorce from husband Will Smith:
“It seems like that happens at least once a year, or at least once every two years – it’s rumored that we’re getting a divorce. But no, we’re not getting a divorce. Where am I going to go? That’s my boo. It’s like he’s another part of me.”

On talking with Angelina Jolie about fighting human sex trafficking:
“I called Angelina Jolie and said, ‘Ange, I need you, girl. Did you know we have slaves in this country?’ She said, ‘Jada, I’ve been working on this for years – are you kidding me?’ So I sat on the phone with Angelina and of course it was like going to college. She schooled me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment