Wednesday 11 April 2012

Teairra Mari Readies Sexy Sounding Album, Reveals Title


After much delay, Teairra Mari is finally gearing to release her sophomore album later this year. While in Chicago, the R&B singer stopped by radio station WGCI to reveal the title to her 2005 follow-up debut, 'Sex on the Radio.'

On the sound of the project, Teairra Mari described it as reminiscent to the 90s sound. "The sound is very 90’s sexy R&B with that edge," she told Vibe. "It reminds me of New Jack Swing, Jodeci, Mary J. Blige early days."

Though there's a sexy theme to the project, she maintains it's not a sex-driven LP. "I mean, the sound is sexy but all of the topics aren’t talking about sex," she explains.

Teairra continued, "I have songs talking about my heart. I have songs talking about making love of course. I have songs talking about dancing. I have songs talking about my favorite song on the radio, go DJ, you know it’s all different topics. It’s not just focused on a sexual theme, it’s just that the sound is sexy."

'Sex on the Radio' currently has no set release date, but it will be released under Rico Love's Division1 label.

No comments:

Post a Comment