Monday 4 June 2012

Usher: I was confident child

Usher: I was confident child

Usher's mother told him to stop boasting that he was going to be famous when he was younger.

The star has become one of the most successful R&B singers of all time, having sold over 65 million albums around the world.

He always knew he was destined for big things, although his mother used to scold him for vocalising those thoughts.

'As a kid, my mother would say, 'You should stop running around telling people you're gonna be a superstar!' It was too much for people, but I needed something to believe in,' he told Q magazine.

Usher believes his hunky physique has helped him on the road to stardom. He claims he had to do something big with his life in order to live up to his looks.

'If I could turn this good-looking down, I mean, I dunno that I would,' he laughed. 'I was fortunately blessed with these good looks, I may as well do somethin' with 'em, y'know what I mean? I think we're all trying to live up to Sean Connery, the epitome of cool.'

No comments:

Post a Comment