Saturday 18 February 2012

Yolanda Adams' NAACP Awards Tribute to Whitney Houston

Taking a respite from honoring the past year's top African-American entertainers, the 43rd NAACP Image Awards followed suit with previous awards shows in holding a tribute for recently departed icon Whitney Houston during Friday night's (February 17) ceremony.
With the annual event taking place at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, Gospel great Yolanda Adams took the stage alongside a gospel choir while celebrating the life of the "I Will Always Love You" singer.
Previously speaking with press about learning of Miss Houston's tragic death, Miss Adams recalled, "My initial reaction when I heard she passed was, 'Can't be’."
Receiving the saddening news from Whitney's long-time music director, Yolanda then told, "He said, 'she's gone,' and although I had heard it on the news, there was finality to hear it from someone who loved her like I do."
"She was someone I could say was a friend, was really genuinely a child of God, really genuinely a good person who loved life. We really are losing a light. Despite all the dark stuff people will say, we're losing an angel because she really was. I think what happens with people is they want to be loved," Adams added.



No comments:

Post a Comment