Thursday 22 December 2011

Dutch magazine editor quits over Rihanna racism row



Singer Rihanna has blasted a Dutch magazine for using an offensive racial slur to describe her.
The 23-year-old criticised Jackie magazine's decision to publishan article calling her the 'ultimate n***a b**ch'.
Editor-in-chief Eva Hoeke then posted an apology online before later announcing her resignation from the publication.
The We Found Love singer had tweeted: 'I hope you can read English, because your magazine is a poor representation of the evolution of human rights! I find you disrespectful, and rather desperate.
'That's your contribution to this world! To encourage segregation, to mislead the future leaders to act in the past! You put two words together, with the intention of abasement, that made no sense.'
'Well with all respect, on behalf of my race, here are my two words for you...F*** YOU!!!'

Eva apologised on behalf on the publication, insisting they had never meant to cause offence.
However, following a storm of criticism directed at the magazine, Hoake announced her resignation last night.
She said: 'Through the course of events, me and the publisher have concluded that because my credibility is now affected, it is better for all parties if I quit my job as editor-in-chief immediately.

'After putting my heart and soul into Jackie magazine for eight years, I realise that these errors - although without malicious intentions - are enough reason for leaving.'

What are your thoughts??




No comments:

Post a Comment